Think National, Act Local! ℠
Part of the success of SmartStop® involves becoming an integral part of communities across North America. We continue to connect and actively engage in a variety of national and local communities via team sponsorships, community outreach, donations and charities on many levels.
- SmartStop® partners with Riding on Insulin, a non-profit that operates programs for kids, teens and adults living with Type 1 diabetes, by sponsoring a daylong BMX camp for kids ages 7-17 in Chandler, Arizona.
- SmartStop® sponsors a professional cycling team who races throughout North America.
- SmartStop® has signed on as sponsors of the Mount Everest expedition planned this year by Greg Paul, a veteran adventurer and climber who will attempt to reach the top of the world after undergoing his second knee replacement.
- SmartStop® sponsors Kure It cancer research that provides funding for innovative research projects focused on kidney cancer and other under-funded cancer research. The funds raised through Kure It directly support groundbreaking research at leading cancer centers nationwide.
- SmartStop® contributed to the Bahati Foundation’s Adopt-a-School Program which supports inner city youth in under-served communities through inspirational speaking engagements and cycling outreach programs. SmartStop®’s donation will help provide instruments for Crenshaw High School’s band program as well as shoes and warm-up suits for The King R. Drew High School’s girls’ basketball teams. Both high schools are located in Los Angeles County.
- SmartStop® supports Discovery Arts, a non-profit organization that brings the healing power of the arts to more than 3,500 critically ill children with life-threatening illnesses while they are in the hospital receiving treatment
- SmartStop® signed on and sponsored the Mississauga Steelheads, a motivated junior ice hockey team in the Ontario Hockey League, based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.